Grundtvig Funding (Adult Education)
Who is eligible?
- A practising language teacher
- A teacher retraining in foreign language teaching
- A teacher teaching a subject through the medium of Italian
- A teacher returning after a career break
- A language trainer, inspector or adviser
You could get a grant which covers the cost of your course, accommodation and living expenses.
What financial support is on offer?
The grant awarded will be calculated to help cover:
- Travel costs to and from the country where the course is organised
- Subsistence costs
- Preparation costs (including language preparation)
- Course fees where appropriate
How and when to apply for a grant?
To obtain Grundtvig funding you need to download an application from the website of your National Agency.
Complete the form before the deadline date quoted. We find that the earlier the application, the more likely it is you will win a grant.
Grants are available to enable you to participate in courses lasting between one and four weeks, which take place in a country where the target language is spoken and taught. Contact your National Agency for full details.
The procedure to apply for a grant is as follows:
- Choose the course that you would like to attend. You should then obtain information about availability of places direct from International House Livorno and send in your registration form.
- Once you have registered provisionally with International House Livorno, apply to your National Agency for support to attend your chosen course. Details of how to contact your National Agency are on the Comenius web site.
- When you complete your application form, keep in mind that priority will be given to applicants who show:
- how they will use the skills and knowledge gained on the in-service course to the benefit of their school or institution
- how the experience could help them to set up school partnerships with other schools in Europe
- how the course will give them a better understanding of school education in Europe and increase the European dimension of their work
- Remember that on an IH Livorno course you will meet teachers from many different European countries, learn about the way of life in their countries and make lasting professional relationships.
- Submit your completed application forms by the appropriate closing date to the National Agency in your country
- As soon as your National Agency approves your application, inform IH Livorno and you will be registered for your course We will keep your place until four weeks before the start of the course. After that date, you will be registered if places are still available. Please find the list of National Agencies for Grundtvig below:
Borsa di studio GRUNDTVIG
l presente corso di formazione è riconosciuto ed approvato dal Lifelong Learning Programme dell’Unione Europea, e fa parte del Comenius-Grundtvig Training Database.
I docenti che operano in una nazione dell’Unione Europea diversa dall’Italia possono usufruire della Borsa di Studio Grundtvig, che coprirà le spese di iscrizione al corso, vitto e alloggio fino ad un massimo di 1500 euro.
La borsa di studio va richiesta direttamente all’Agenzia Socrates Nazionale del paese europeo in cui si lavora, compilando uno specifico modulo di candidatura messo a disposizione on-line da ciascuna Agenzia Socrates.
La scadenza per la presentazione del modulo di candidatura all’Agenzia Socrates locale è il 16 gennaio 2010.
Per maggiori informazioni si prega di contattare la propria Agenzia Socrates Nazionale