The Italian School of Lusaka
Position: Italian Teacher
Job Start Date: 17/08/2015
Background: The Italian School of Lusaka is one of the 6 international schools in Lusaka (Zambia). It offers high international standards in academics, sports and other extra-curricular activities to its multinational, multicultural, multiracial students in Zambia.
With around 380 students, it is a school, small enough to cater to the individual needs and promote excellence to its pupils, and large enough for students to benefit through participation and interaction within and outside the classroom. It is a coeducational school with students not exceeding 30 in each class.
The School’s curriculum is based on the philosophy that all children have the right to “Excellence in Education” through which their academic, personal and social growth is nurtured and developed. The School aims to prepare students to be lifelong learners, critical thinkers, effective communicators, and wise decision-makers.
The school maintains an environment that promotes intellectual challenge, creativity, social and emotional growth, and the healthy and physical development of each student. The School consists of three sections: -Kindergarten:Nursery and Reception -Primary:Grade1 to Grade6 -Secondary:Grade 7 to Grade 12
The School was founded under the Zambian-Italian Cultural Centre in 1968 and moved to its present campus in 1971. From 1993 it developed into a multi-culturalEnglish-medium school in which Italian is taught as a foreign language.
For more information please visit www.italianschool.sch.zm
Duties and responsibilities:
• To teach Italian in Kindergarten, Primary school, and secondary school, as well as to adult classes outside the school time.
• To create a classroom environment that is favourable to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
• To plan daily and long-term learning activities in accordance with the School’s curriculum and appropriate to the individual student’sneeds, interests, and abilities.
• To employ a variety of educational methods, technologies, and materials that are appropriate for meeting the curriculum objectives.
• To assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and to provide progress reports as required.
• To participate in staff meetings, teacher training, and to serve on staff committees as required.
• To establish and maintain cooperative relations with other teachers and staff members of the School.
• Tocreate and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents on both academic and behavioural progress of students.
• To assist in the planning and implementation of events organised by the Zambian-Italian Cultural Centre Trust aimed at the promotion of the Italian language and culture, where appropriate.
• To perform such other duties as the administration of the School may find necessary to the efficient functioning of the school.
Bachelor degree in Education Programs, ForeignLanguages, Linguistics, or related fields.
Level I-DITALS Certificate (Teaching Italian as a Foreign Language Certificate).
Native or native-level proficiency in Italian.
Professional proficiency in English.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
At least 2 year experienceof teaching Italian to foreigner students both in primary and secondary school.
Experience working in an international school preferred.
Ability to teach Italian to persons of different ages (from kindergarten to adults).
Ability to use a variety of communicative media for education purposes.
Excellent communication and organizational skills Work experiences in Africa or other different cultural contexts
Ability to work successfully with colleagues on a team
Personalinterest insport, science, and art.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates meeting the above profile should send an application letter and CV(including 2 references) to email@example.com
The Italian School ofLusaka will only contact applicants selected for interview.
Closing date for all applications is:07/06/2015