La Scuola Italiana di Lusaka sta selezionando 2 insegnanti di italiano, uno per la scuola elementare ed uno per la scuola superiore, per il prossimo anno accademico.
Cultural Events Coordinator
Zambian-Italian Cultural Centre Trust
Italian School of Lusaka
Stand 4919 Lubu Road, Lusaka, Zambia
Tel: +260 211 254 181
Mob: +260 971 552 785
The Italian School of Lusaka
- No 1 Italian Teacher for primary school
- No 1 Italian Teacher for secondary school
The Italian School of Lusaka is one of the 6 international schools in Lusaka (Zambia). It offers high
international standards in academics, sports and other extra-curricular activities to its multinational,
multicultural, multiracial students in Zambia. With around 380 students, it is a school, small enough
to cater to the individual needs and promote excellence to its pupils, and large enough for students
to benefit through participation and interaction within and outside the classroom. It is a coeducational
school with students not exceeding 30 in each class.
The School’s curriculum is based on the philosophy that all children have the right to “Excellence in
Education” through which their academic, personal and social growth is nurtured and developed. The
School aims to prepare students to be lifelong learners, critical thinkers, effective communicators, and
wise decision-makers. The school maintains an environment that promotes intellectual challenge,
creativity, social and emotional growth, and the healthy and physical development of each student.
The School consists of three sections:
- Kindergarten: Nursery and Reception
- Primary: Grade 1 to Grade 6
- Secondary: Grade 7 to Grade 12
The School was founded under the Zambian-Italian Cultural Centre in 1968 and moved to its present
campus in 1971. From 1993 it developed into a multi-cultural English-medium school in which Italian
is taught as a foreign language.
For more information please visit www.italianschool.sch.zm
Duties and responsibilities:
• To teach Italian in Kindergarten and Primary school (Primary School teacher) and Secondary School and adult classes outside the school time (Secondary School teacher).
• To create a classroom environment that is favourable to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
• To plan daily and long-term learning activities in accordance with the School’s curriculum and appropriate to the individual student’s needs, interests, and abilities.
• To employ a variety of educational methods, technologies, and materials that are appropriate for meeting the curriculum objectives.
• To assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and to provide progress reports as required.
• To participate in staff meetings, teacher training, and to serve on staff committees as required.
• To establish and maintain cooperative relations with other teachers and staff members of the School.
• To create and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents on both academic and behavioural progress of students.
• To assist in the planning and implementation of events organised by the Zambian-Italian Cultural Centre Trust aimed at the promotion of the Italian language and culture, where appropriate.
• To perform such other duties as the administration of the School may find necessary to the efficient functioning of the school.
Bachelor degree in Education Programs, Foreign Languages, Linguistics, or related fields.
Native or native-level proficiency in Italian.
Professional proficiency in English.
Possession of DITALS Certificate (Teaching Italian as a Foreign Language Certificate) will be an advantage
Experience and Skill Requirements:
At least 2 year experience of teaching Italian to foreigner students
Experience working in an international school preferred.
Ability to teach Italian to persons of different ages
Ability to use a variety of communicative media for education purposes.
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Work experiences in different cultural contexts
Ability to work successfully with colleagues on a team
Personal interest in sport, science, and art.
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the above profile should sent an application letter and CV (including 2 references) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Italian School of Lusaka will only contact applicants selected for interview.
Closing date for all applications is: 15/06/2016